Sunday, September 11, 2011

youth arts advocates at the okcmoa

Last night we went to the Oklahoma city Museum of Art http://www.okcmoa.com/ for the youth arts advocates night, the first ever teen council.  The museum stayed open late just for the kids (teens), to peruse the exhibits and do some interactive art themselves.  There was live music on the rooftop and a costume contest for best art related theme or character.  Little Willow never passes up a chance to dress up, so she decided to be the lovely Frida Kahlo.  I think she looked very much like her.  What do you think? 
P.S the vintage earrings that she is wearing will be in the shop later this week.
                                      

Here are a few more shots of the night


Willow and the blank canvas..getting ready for some interactive art




Part of the Okc skyline..on the roof of the museum


And a little bit of that beautiful Oklahoma sunset


I love this Chihuly glass sculpture in the entrance.
I wish I would have thought to have taken a few more pictures of the
evening. Like the music, food, and of course more of the art. 
 But I was guess I was just a bit preoccupied with all the fun I was having
with the family.  XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...